Managing your cash and liquidity is vitally important to a well-designed financial plan.
At Divergent Wealth we use liquid and insured money market funds that pay very competitive interest rates for all of our clients. Divergent Wealth is not a bank and therefore do not use money market funds or cash as a means of generating profit.
Work directly with your Divergent Wealth Financial Planner (CFP Certified) to determine the appropriate amount cash to keep in your portfolio, and then make sure that cash is working for you.
Proper cash management plays a vital role in any retirement income strategy. There are good times to take money out of the market and bad times to take money out market. A good cash return can help mitigate that timing risk.
Proper Cash Management entails...
- Emergency Fund Analysis
- Proper Liquidity Analysis
- Interest Rate Analysis
- FDIC Insurance Analysis
Questions to Consider...
- Do you have an emergency fund of 6-12 months?
- Are you holding too much liquid cash given your existing goals?
- What rate of return are you on earning on cash?
- Does your cash increase automatically as rates increase?
- Is your cash insured with FDIC insurance?
- Are your cash management accounts electronically linked to your investment accounts?